Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

Hello There!


I have been trying to think of a new name for my blog for a long time. But what name would accurately reflect me and what I wanted to present to the public in this space? Honestly, I am not quite sure that I have found the answer yet but with a deadline looming for a new food challenge, I needed to make a quick decision.

So, here it is: Passion Kneaded.

After hurriedly setting up an email address and this blog URL last night (I still need to purchase a dedicated site), I thought about just what the name meant. There's the obvious dough reference. I bake a loaf of bread each week - usually sourdough (more on that later). If you ever told me three years ago that I would be kneading dough every week, I would certainly have laughed at you.
Pretzel Bread

 However, it's been more than two years since I have purchased a loaf of bread and I would not have it any other way. The thing is though, I am currently in a bread rut. I haven't made something "different" in a long time and honestly, I need to before I lose that..wait for it... passion.

So that takes us to passion. What's my passion? What am I passionate about? I have been mulling this over for a few weeks and I can't seem to find an acceptable answer. If you were to assume at this point that I am currently experiencing an existential crisis, you would be correct. So, I need passion. I need to find myself. I need to find the things that will make me excited to get up and face each day. I suspect it may lie within a bag of flour or maybe within a bowl of creamed butter and sugar. But we will see won't we? One thing I do
know is that whatever it is, I will need to work at it, mold it, knead it.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment